Tuesday, September 22, 2009

RESTful Web Services Cookbook - Review of Rough Cut

I've just finished reading the rough cut of RESTful Web Services Cookbook by Subbu Allamaraju and Mike Amundsen and thought I'd write a very quick review.

Ultimately the book fills a gap in the market by providing practical advice on designing high quality HTTP/REST solutions and I found the recipe approach really accessible.

Its also an easy read so if you've been toying with REST but haven't found it very easy to get your head around then I'd definitely recommend having a look. I know that when I started learning REST I wasted large amounts of time reading unhelpful and downright misleading content so its good to have a book that should help you avoid falling into any obvious traps.

In summary, highly recommended.

Share This - Digg It Save to del.icio.us Stumble It! Kick It DZone

No comments:

Post a Comment